Thursday, November 24, 2011

Assignment #6 - Panoramic Photography

Panoramic 1 



I took this image at the Angrignon station while I was waiting at my bus stop 109. I took 23 pictures in total. I found it interesting how Photoshop Elements was able to stitch all the pictures together and form this Panoramic Image. There were many buses and people moving around so I was slightly hesitant at first that my final image wouldn't turn out nicely. My nodal point, as I mentioned above was my bus stop 109, and I made sure to stay perfectly still as I could, while moving the camera horizontally from left to right. 


Panoramic 2 


This image was taken at the Westmount Square during class time. I took 45 images in total and my nodal point (access point) was a couple of feet away in front of the building in the image. Instead of moving horizontally, I moved my camera vertically from the bottom to top. I really like how the image turned out because the building looks like it's towering above you. 

Steps: 1

1) I made sure to set my lens at wide angle. 
2) I started with an ISO of 200, at wide angle and played with the ISO setting depending on where I was taking the images. 
3) I focused on staying as still as I could and making sure I was at a nodal point. (access point)

Steps: 2-Stitching My Panoramic 

1) I uploaded my images from my camera onto my USB key ahead of class time.
2) During class time, I created a new folder on Desktop and named it "Source Files".
3) I then, copy/pasted the photos from my USB key to my "Source Files" folder. Since all my images were in the right order and weren't up side down, I didn't need to edit any of the images. 
4) I opened Photoshop Elements (PSE) and clicked File, New, and Photomerge Panorama. 
5) I then selected "Auto" under "Layout" in the pop-up window.
6) Next, I selected "Browse", Desktop and clicked "Source Files". By clicking the first image and holding the "shift" key and then selecting the last image, I was able to import all my images. 
7) Then Photoshop created my Panoramic Image. 
8) I fixed up the Panoramic Images, by using PSE and then saved the images onto my USB key.
9) I then upload the two Panoramic Images onto my blog. I thought that I would have to upload my pictures the long way by using Picasa, but I was able to upload them directly from my USB! 

No comments:

Post a Comment